[Bell Historians] Re: This message is not in displayable format

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at ...
Mon May 2 15:26:41 BST 2005

Some email programs have the option of sending messages in (a) only
plain text, (b) only HTML, or (c) both plain text and HTML. I
suspect that the "not displayable" messages have been sent as only
HTML, which makes them forwardable but not digestible (pun intended).
For messages sent with option c, the list server can use the plain
text portion of the message; it doesn't have to "convert" HTML into
plain text.

Since I don't get the digest, I don't see this problem. If someone
who gets the digest can identify and notify the sender of such
messages, then that person might be able to reconfigure their email
program properly.

Carl

_____