[Bell Historians] RE: [r-c] Taylors - Eayre & Smith merger

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at ...
Mon May 16 20:13:40 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Brett Masters" <brett at s...>
wrote:

> I should imagine the two companies and all the directors have more
important
> things to think about than headstocks and pulleys.
>
> Bm

I would strongly disagree.
One of the two companies at present tends to hang flat top bells at
the back end of a ring with a result they are sluggish (as witnessed by
numerous persons recently at a job in the North of England).
It is attention to detail like this, plus the qauility of bell
componants and craftsmanship that people take notice of.
Getting the hang of a ring of bells right is also of paramount
importance.
I know which stocks and pulleys I would choose and I suspect other
individuals have thier own preferences as well.
Overall, I would have said that the fittings to be supplied in the
future should be pretty high on the discussion list.
I do, however wish the new company all the best.

Alan