[Bell Historians] Re: A trawl through the archive

Richard Offen richard at ...
Tue May 31 15:47:15 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Carl S Zimmerman <csz_stl at s...>
wrote:
> At 04:23 +0000 2005/05/31, Richard Offen wrote:
> >Just had a look at the Verdin web site - very interesting!
> >
> >The section on tuning is even more interesting because the final
> >picture is of a man pointing to large bell and I am 99% certain it is
> >the picture which appeared in the 'blue' or 'orange' edition of Dove
> >(I'm on the opposite side of the world to my copies!) as part of an
> >advert for Petit & Fritsen!

> Your memory serves you well - it is indeed the same photo. Not too
> surprising, considering that Verdin has been the American
> representative for P&F for more than half a century.
>
> Carl

Glad that the old grey cells still work occasionally!

Do Verdin normally buy their tuned bells from P & F, or do they cast
and tune (other than with their mobile foundry - the health and safety
implications of that little setup must be horrifying!) their own as
well?