[Bell Historians] Gilling East

Richard Grimmett richard at ...
Sat Nov 5 19:46:14 GMT 2005

> The PCC treasurer is one of my colleagues at work. The church
> is short of money, and it is unlikely that anything will be
> done about the bells.
>
> David

Its amazing how this is used as an excuse so frequently. Generally its
disinterest. It takes someone with an enthusiasm for bells to get
others interested Appeals bring in money for most of the jobs that get
done. As an example we have brought in 130k at St Pauls Birmingham.
They have had nothing in their bank account to speak of, and an income
of less than 250 pounds per week. But they have an abundance of vision.

Clarrie