Daresbury, Cheshire (was Warners demise)

Richard Offen richard at ...
Thu Nov 10 13:58:20 GMT 2005

> That's odd because most Warner bells of that period respond to tuning
> extremely well. The sixth (now the eighth of ten) at Wye, cast in
> about 1913, went to Whitechapel a dustbin and came back a superb
> bell. I gather that the fourth at Marston Bigot is perfectly
> acceptable as well.
>
> Perhaps the Rickmansworth bells are of a different profile to the
> examples above.

Incidentally, has anyone ever done a full tonal analysis of the Warner
eight at Daresbury, Cheshire? It's now nearly forty years since I
rang there, but I seem to remember them as being one of Warner's nearer
misses when it came to harmonic tuning ...there again, perhaps time has
lent enchantment!

Richard