Tilley & Walters

Mike Chester mike at ...
Wed Nov 23 14:51:52 GMT 2005

T & W suggest that a number of bells were cast for Warwickshire
churches by Newcombe and Watts in partnership around 1600. Chris
Pickford and John Baldwin have both pointed out to me that there is no
real evidence that these foundries ever worked together. I would tend
to think that, to say the least, these two Bell Historians are pretty
certain to be more accurate than T & W.

This leaves me with one question. Where would T & W have gained the
impression that these two worked together? Is it just a case of 2 + 2
equalling 5?

Mike