[Bell Historians] American buoy bells

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at ...
Sun Oct 9 01:32:32 BST 2005

While I can't confirm that particular bell, I can tell you that the
U.S. Coast Guard (and its predecessor organizations) have used bell
buoys since the 1850s. One of their suppliers (but probably not the
only one) was McShane of Baltimore. That firm is still in business,
but they have not actually cast bells for many years.

Carl

_____

_____