[Bell Historians] York St John

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Sun Oct 9 15:34:47 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at h...> wrote:

> > Sounds like the perfect place in which to end a ringing tour!
Is this feasible?

> Almost certainly not. For purely practical reasons, it is
extremely unlikely that it will be possible to ring the bells when
the ressaurant is open. Exact ringing arrangements have not been
finalised yet, but it is envisaged that the bells will be rung by
local ringers on special occasions. It may be possible for
individual visitors to join the ringing on these occasions, but it
is almost certain that no visiting bands will be permitted. Ringing
the bells with the restaurant open would cause considerable
disruption.

> > To whom should application be made to ring these bells?
>
> David Potter is the contact.
>
> David

Sounds as if the bells are doomed. I cant think of a time when you
could ring when it wouldnt be in the way of restaurant staff even if
it wasnt open. If it is open during the day and evening, the chances
are that staff would be in in the morning preparing things and it
could be open 7 days as many restaurants are.

Maybe you should block up the louvres and ring tham after midnight.

Thanks goodness I have rung my peal there.