[Bell Historians] Conversions

John Baldwin Dovemaster at ...
Wed Oct 12 16:32:55 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bowden"
<nickwbowden at f...> wrote:

> Samuel Austin <combineharvestersam at y...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the help. The 2-2-6 bell is the tenor at
> > Rainhill RC, previously published everywhere as 2-2-0. ...
>
> I trust you will be requesting that Dove and TowerBase are amended
> accordingly.
> Nick

No need to make the request: I've seen the post and will make the
Dove change.

You may not have discovered this for yourself, but the Dove site
already allows for tenor weights to be shown in metric units. Once
you've entered the search criteria and before pressing the GO button,
go to the foot of the search panel and where it indicates Tenor,
change the setting from cwt to kb - then ALL weights will be shown in
metric (until you change that option).