Sennen Church Cornwall

George Dawson george at nSPJu4JWxzFLxH3jPGxBkBFpWXmrbBcE-c0oTiuY6kq2-bBiWuvk_xvm8B0vBHU4NW-5VDugFrwh-6GRoCUF8omIDlal4g.yahoo.invalid
Sat Apr 1 08:48:42 BST 2006

>From Ch Bell of Cornwall by E W Dunkin:
SENNEN (3 bells)

1(i). THE REUD RICHARD PEARC MINISTER THOS NICHOLAS JOHN GEORGE
CHURCHWARDENS
(ii). CAST BY THOMAS BAYLEY BRIDGWATER 1762				28"

2. + IOHN . PERMEWAN : NICHOLAS . PASCOE . CHURCH . WARDENS . C . BONEY .
1810

31.75"
This bell lies useless on the belfry floor.

3. + IOHN . PERMEWAN : NICHOLAS . PASCOE . CHURCH . WARDENS . C. B. 1810

33.75"
This bell is completely broken in pieces.

Few Cornish belfries, that have come under my inspection,are in a worse
state than at Sennen The floor is covered with rubbish to a depth of half a
foot or more,and with fragments of broken bells scattered about, presents a
sad spectacle. It is surely time that a "restoration" of the belfry was set
on foot, and carried out. There are probably many visitors to the Land's End
who would gladly assist in such a work.

These were replaced by a 5 by Mears & Stainbank, 3 of which survive.

GAD