[Bell Historians] surprising Campanophile listing

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at LuCY29MuweEspgKs-JFGrouENYyLeD20PIs6FOrltnFQl7IKkvMUUyStLaThQyixMT5TD2-M_tLGRWWjqvC5-Lso.yahoo.invalid
Sat Aug 5 21:34:57 BST 2006

As I have rung there, can I point out an inaccuracy in that they are
not hung veronese style. They are a McShane swing chime that have
been adapted, so you can just about ring them, by putting garter
holes in the wheels and installing small ground pulleys on the floor.

The bells hang in 6 independant frames just bolted to the floor
which move alarmingly. They go like house ends and are
excruciatingly loud partly due to the football sized brass clappers
with no flights. They strike wrong.

David

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "edward martin"