Cheltenham tuning

Bill Hibbert bill at RoNjkZAcvoZBGg5TsORxEL0X9upzZbbJYMpHemfXyOxs6UawWpd9ZGTUmuFiWpTFh2yR_FMYrsrfmA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 17 09:58:16 BST 2006

Notwithstanding the recent debate about the photos of Cheltenham and
whether the bells have been tuned (and thanks to David for spotting the
photos), if they were tuned by Whitechapel in 1911 they are still very
useful for my purposes. I have made arrangements to go and record them.

Interesting speculation about Newcastle. However, as the old bells are
only an eight, and I am still working through the list of towers you
all gave me a few weeks ago, I think I'll give them a miss this time.

Cheers,

Bill H