[Bell Historians] Royal, or other names

Richard Offen richard at G74XTgmiPtop2e4l0dZl_B7RuL7pbpAi15UGOvQXIeqAY1-M58x6_W5nfQ3F6FQho1WaJT3ROUI.yahoo.invalid
Tue Aug 22 07:23:29 BST 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at ...> wrote:

> Just grow up all of you.
>
> This is a histoians' list and I would agree with those who say that
this should include the hisory of ringing. It isn't explicitly stated
on the Yahoo page, but that was written several years ago when the
list was set up and reflected my own interests. I do not have in-
depth knowledge of ringing history, hence have not contributed to
this debate, but it is a suitable subject for this list - more so, I
would have thought, than for the ringing theory list.

> So by all means discuss it here, and please stop this petty arguing.
>
> David

Who was arguing?   I certainly wasn't intending to argue with my
great friend Ed Martin.   I was simply conscious of some of the
complaints we've had on this list in the past about things that were
not devoted exclusively to the history of the bells themselves.

I shall now go back and re-read Ed's contributions, because I've
rather lost the thread!   Something to do with my age probably
and
the use of aluminium saucepans when I was a child :-)

Best wishes to all from Down Under,

Richard