Edinburgh Ss Andrew & George

George Dawson george at lSd0wapaVXzQFqyGg5q6SGJzMkL1iDx1jHTPldcuKgQW4JK6dG9ZGY8epwdxk65JpwQ2S4D9Ooa8yAXyOmlp1mcvPtAqL0c.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 1 17:10:05 GMT 2006

Whats Dove on-line???
GAD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Pickford
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 3:43 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Edinburgh Ss Andrew & George

Full details already on Dove on-line. John Baldwin informed me recently that
Whitechapel are now supplying details direct provided this is acceptable to
the parish concerned. The diameters (but not the exact weights) of the
original ring were recorded in the old Whitechapel "Peals book" so these
details are the first recorded weights

Haven't seen this week's RW yet, but I had always understood these to be a
complete ring of 1788 - cast at Whitechapel and hung by Edward Simmons - so
am surprised by the 1789 reference

CP