[Bell Historians] Musical scales, bell register

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at -CkTVJz77995EXvVSpfbtJFfnFuXDtcZwUYVFusN0h-wV0saZpjuBvDWzA-UksDH_8LC31UouK4.yahoo.invalid
Thu Dec 7 03:40:25 GMT 2006

The words you quoted from me were not arguing against the inclusion
of frequency data, but against your rationale for the omission of
note names.  Disputing whether the people who are more comfortable
with frequency values outnumber the people who are more comfortable
with note names is pointless.  The fact is that omitting note names
would disenfranchise a significant portion of the potential users,
just as omitting frequencies would disenfranchise a different
significant portion.  Both are needed in the bell register.

_____

_____