Southwell Minster

David Bryant davidbryant at D9WcoFQOqTGLIiL0lIwYZWD1XJG-p3943alBZ1XIKMhnjWhfHCBjp40jOu5JyOB4ZKI5AhNv8sM5oJu4juW_bw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Feb 12 23:50:50 GMT 2006

> The two tenor pits were rebuilt in 1897 & have cast iron braces. All
the
> 1961 extensions are all cast iron low sided frames on steel base
girders.

I don't seem to have a copy of vol 3 of Nottinghamshire - got the other
two! Is vol 3 still available?

I noticed the cast iron braces in the tenor pit. I assumed they were of
1894 - the rings of 12 site (presumably quoting from your book) says
that the bells were rehung in that year with the two semitone bells
(now 5 and 7/12) added three years later.