[Bell Historians] Wartime safety measures

Anne Willis zen16073 at fXQg5HMxGnYbEMBZLZ7PoDkJzdzoKl1u3DNR5zN13bQZeOtIeG2HnkM0rmk0f4InsRJASRtQE54pXQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 21 10:42:34 GMT 2006

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of George Dawson
Sent: 21 February 2006 08:38
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Wartime safety measures

During the Second World War some rings were removed for 'safety'. I've never
seen a list, so if you know of anywhere please let me know.

Thanks

George

According to a newspaper report Holy Trinity, Bradford on Avon, was advised
to remove its bells, but it was never done. I don't know which foundry gave
the advice, but that would be interesting to know as well.

[The town was considered at risk because of the Avon rubber factories.]

Anne