[Bell Historians] William Sellers

Willbutler at Sw4fvU_u5cQpvtTYjpZMgE9DN-6TGS5oh2YGy1ynfK5NfRwv0AtGAB0MJD1x8MusxWMJoYqkwGALnQE.yahoo.invalid Willbutler at Sw4fvU_u5cQpvtTYjpZMgE9DN-6TGS5oh2YGy1ynfK5NfRwv0AtGAB0MJD1x8MusxWMJoYqkwGALnQE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 21 18:31:52 GMT 2006

George Benson, on page 15 of "York Bellfounders", 1898, discusses William
Seller, who had his bellfoundry at Jubbergate, York in the seventeenth century.
He says a large number of his productions are in North Lincolnshire. " He
used  several stamps, with date and letters W.S. on his bells, and black letter
or  Roman text." He was succeeded by Edward Seller.

He also cast crotals of various sizes, with W S on them, and I suspect he
also cast some early handbells. See "Musical Handbells" pages 109-110

Bill Butler

The bell at  Spye Park House (stables) has been taken down. I have yet to
see it, but  hope to shortly.  Apparently it is inscribed ? William Sellers
1731  -   Is this name known to us historians?   Any information  will be
appreciated.
I am unable to contact Christopher Dalton, lost his  Email address, help.
Dennis Powney.