[Bell Historians] Re: New 10s in 'virgin' towers

David Bryant davidbryant at FnahI9IqDXwzEMJYoN_mwNy9phsdL8NYJHSTs8RWqADVsFcALZeAMqIbH6Kw8pyeZI6bvujiypOa99dnPhOm.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 27 12:01:14 GMT 2006

>Just checked in the obvious place!  Douglas had a single bell by
>Taylors 6-2-4, cast in 1958, that became the 6th of 10.  It was not
>considered a good match even though the other 9 were also be Taylors
>and this bell was replaced in 2001 when the trebles were added.

It was originally hung in a wooden frame - for ringing, I think. After it
had been removed it was in Taylor's workshops for a while - I saw it there.
Don't know what happened to it eventually.