[Bell Historians] Castle Drogo

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at ow1xqKLxRbBxFDntATz644KWn9o8DREMZgivEa6xmy2FxXQgkHMF4_mUh220CWy88VOyIY8qfPrweVybdCZRpw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 15 12:38:05 BST 2006

> Castle Drogo .. Anyone know anything more about this bell?
>
> Gillett & Johnston supplied a bell to Castle Drogo. It was cast in 1927,
> diameter 27", note E and weight 4-1-17. It was originally no.28 in the
> Regal Cinema carillon of 1927, returned to Croydon when the instrument was
> replaced and afterwards sold on to Castle Drogo.

...where it hangs, with good ringing fittings also by G & J, in an open cote
above the chapel.

C D (Bell Adviser to Nat. Trust - not that I'm proud of that while the
situation at Staunton Harold remains unresolved)