[Bell Historians] A wake for the bells?

La Greenall eldeworth at tupBgOoR8DfvCA73615tSyK3enSwMkKYYc3-hIh5PRucJ3Ta7dIYLmAGOSgZIkVIrH_QaJYJNcSJkV2a6ITJ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 25 17:19:18 BST 2006

Thanks Ann. Maybe it came back minus its clapper and baldricks? Or maybe
it was recast because of a crack; this crack would have made its voice
very rough (like a man's) but when it came back it no doubt sang as
sweetly as a maiden!

But seriously, this seems an interesting point to me; I suspect you are
probably correct in thinking that a ceremony of some sort was needed to
give a new bell an identity, character, spirit or soul, whatever, of its
own.

Lawrence.