[Bell Historians] Sydney

Mark markregan at 16FxdImqEQMq0qdlXaitbS4UjAv2ql4_dd-Gpaw7Ts9nw5ANCRkQuGhJeym3q7C-ZwYjM0Q2yKXXkhFcJw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jun 11 08:19:38 BST 2006

Thank you!

Mark

Arcubus
31Park Street
Worcester
WR5 1AD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of john maloney
Sent: 11 June 2006 02:01
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] RE: [Bell Historians] Sydney

The carillon At Sydney University was inaugurated on A.N.Z.A.C day (25th
April 1928) it consisted of 49 Taylor bells .the program on the inaugural
recital was by Brian Barker and included amongst many tunes Chopins funeral
march and Bluebells of Scotland and Men of Harlechas well as the anthems of
all the allied countrys and a fantasia specialy composed for the day by the
carillonist.
a number of the bells were recast in 1976 .
the Sydney University Carillion is a World War 1 Memorial .

hope this is of help. john maloney .

>From: "George Dawson" <george at JTcCZsiVBDdBFLa985hqN7gljaPJUfx7ufB3SvEB2XmdqhCOb7GImGqXj-dkL0yqp2SEhcZsv3772YtvJ0-yYmBQYwArQYg.yahoo.invalid>
>To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [Bell Historians] Sydney