Owston

George Dawson george at eCZzk5qoD5D4fJZotkuly_SbQ3elkHkcyEJPdJFAY5gH8XwFuO9pCrwEDRSu_FDtN6exBr5e4MSjZK09P8_hQedW7PKk.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 12 14:22:27 BST 2006

Better still, sell them a Church Bells of Sheffield Diocese!
The Author.

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK)
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 1:33 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Owston

Owston has a chime of 6.
Prior 1948 they were a ring of 3 and in all probability ringable.
The remains of a wheel and headstock the excellent heavy frame, probably
Victorian, fitted with hexagon headed tie rods would indicate a rehang
probably post 1850.
They were augmented to 6 and converted to a chime with 3 Taylor bells
dated 1948.
All 6 are now on substantial timber dead stocks 2 to a pit spanning the
pits. All is in good order, they sound nice as a chime, and make a fine
6. The church and tower are of very substantial dimensions for a small
village.
The back 3 are early. I could not see dates and only wording on one of
them which I failed to read.
They are good castings and have some adornment.
Has anyone details of these 3 bells.
I was asked to write back and give some information.
I will of course credit any information I am given.