Old peals of ten and twelve

Sue Marsden S.Marsden at WCO95edPfveow26bFfWQdrCLA2l-WkALfnunhBq3hYeW62M3_Ss8Bqd05WD23ukJUhESu8WMjGBgPnmHNOrQRANSumpsOgd4wBnYSAmo.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 12 14:38:41 BST 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hibbert" <bill at ...> wrote:

> After being away from it for too long, I have now resumed work on my
> bell acoustics investigations. As part of this I am interested in
old
> peals of ten and twelve (pre 1850-ish) which were substantially all
> provided as a set, where the trebles still survive and have not been
> retuned.

> Bill H

I don't know if Soham, Cambs will meet your criteria. The front 4 are
Briants, early 1800s and the back 6 are Osborns 1788. I don't know if
they have been retuned but to my un-expert ear they sound 'old-
fashioned'
Sue Marsden