[Bell Historians] Old peals of ten and twelve

David Bryant davidbryant at WLz0gkyDw2UgCEsqQLUp_O7hvAkgEjAJM1FAt4AMGJQKzRivOsjVWrmGH86A81omrOmUFDWWkHLOSqsUDmI7hg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 12 21:37:12 BST 2006

> Replied to this earlier but message never appeared. Have raised this with DB previously, who confirmed that message had gone straight to the list archives without being posted.

Don't think it appeared in the archive even - one I sent this morning hasn't! Yahoo seems to work in increasingly mysterious ways.

What I posted earlier (or tried to) was that according to Dickon's Westminster site one of the original trebles from St Martin in the Fields survives at a church in Fulham - presumably this would be well worth exploring.

> Oxford - not retuned, so far as I know

Which one? There are the twelve and two tens - the twelve have modern trebles but I'm not sure about the back ten. Don't know about the tens at Magdalen and New College.