[Bell Historians] Re: Daniel Hedderly

Paulkibby1 at ysEsvaWfWYJfEdhCWBCs1AIsYSK59fAXUMXDmnfJcmBvULYDVR9AGLRnKFkAdTC7bampoz0UHXVech5fEw.yahoo.invalid Paulkibby1 at ysEsvaWfWYJfEdhCWBCs1AIsYSK59fAXUMXDmnfJcmBvULYDVR9AGLRnKFkAdTC7bampoz0UHXVech5fEw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jun 17 18:43:51 BST 2006

now now, Mr Hedderly cast some very nice bells. It's just his output was a
bit variable. In the back 5 at Winterton (1734) we have ok ones, which are 4/6,
 and 2/6 (which has also been "skirted" slightly and has had it's
inscription chipped off, which makes me wonder if it might have been cast for  another
church or ring that it wasn't needed for or was not appropiate  for?)

3/6 has a slightly nasty tone, and the tenor is an ok bell but doesn't  hum
much when it is up. The 5th however is fantastic, very powerful. They were
rehung in 1948 by Taylors, and I know they definitely tuned the 5th and tenor
but I am not sure about the others since I havent noticed any tuning marks (but
havent been looking for them)

Paul Kibblewhite
Winterton, Lincs

--- In _bellhistorians at bellhistoriabel_
(mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com) ,  "nigelsdtaylor"
<nigeltaylor at nig> wrote:

>  Interesting information regarding Daniel Hedderly. Ben champions his
>  bells. I must hear some!

...or get a new assistant  :-)