[Bell Historians] Cromwell's churches?

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at MZGqvgLlYQ3ko2zgeXDU6SkW69-GR87AFHbj_R-kAc5DHmjYdGoxNMMcARRM5-PO_WTlCMfodCN4GbvmJUG4O7Z3Eg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 9 12:31:12 GMT 2006

> Closer to Wiltshire, A Richard Tuck bell at Linkinholt, Higden bells at
> Nether Wallop and formerly some Robert Austen bells at Somerton, Somerset.

The last digit of the date at Linkenholt is uncertain.  (I have a copy of
George Elphick's rubbing of it).

Generally speaking, from a Dorset/Wiltshire/Somerset/Hampshire standpoint,
there were plenty of bells cast in 1641, almost none in 1642, and then none
at all till 1646 (a former bell at Bradford on Tone but very little else).
Then from 1647 onwards it was business as usual.

C D