[Bell Historians] Re: Clapper failure information request

David Bryant davidbryant at Px_foqsXRDmiHzRFTwRjqngtGb0uaYnATK474-_ebg__UYBKYTHez2WGFFIWifkFM0W3JF4K4IlWdl8QFfenk2ktfw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 11 13:37:06 GMT 2006

>I remembwer Pat Chapman telling me about twelve peal ringers standing
> outside Tewkesbury Abbey waiting for the locals to finish ringing for a
> wedding - and a clapper broke!

Has a clapper ever broken in a 12-bell final or eliminator? That could cause
considerable problems.

Hope I'm not tempting fate here - ringing in the eliminator at Mancroft in a
few weeks' time!