[Bell Historians] Saffron Walden.

La Greenall eldeworth at C6uTQ1TrQ6PM3sZ6i_trkc3DamUxOyjxioVaCOnbEJiKzi9CbLw40szanHJIfP7wsoO5bzPmwi__XObXiGAVNZE.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 30 09:07:48 BST 2006

Hi all.

A friend pointed out this reference to me:

Essex: The Church Bells of Essex, their founders, inscriptions,
traditions and uses, by the Rev. Cecil Deedes and H.B. Walters (1909).

He got it from this webpage:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ketteringham/campanology/subjects.htm

Unfortunately I can't find any copies for sale online, though the
British library have it:

DEEDES, Cecil, and WALTERS (Henry Beauchamp)
The Church Bells of Essex. Their founders, inscriptions, traditions and
uses ... Based on the collections of Messrs. Tyssen, North,
Stahlschmidt, and Wells. With ... facsimile blocks in text.
pp. xxii. 475. pl. XXXVI. Printed for the Authors: Aberdeen, 1909. 4ยบ.
Shelfmark 3478.l.12.

Henry Beauchamp Walters was Keeper of Greek and Roman Antiquities at the
British Museum.

Regards,

Lawrence Greenall,
Waltham Abbey, Essex.