Dissenting bell founders

Anne Willis zen16073 at xVE6s3hinfqeIH68oyMClG-VS5kNi4r1Vv5uuxm3ny8d2kZKJhjAhn-j_DIspQniFqSKKlg3wRy4.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 22 13:19:48 BST 2006

I have just read an article on the Cockey family as pewterers and I see that
Mordecai Cockey I, the bell founder of Totnes, was probably a dissenter.  I
know the Lott family of Warminster was closely associated with dissent
(their foundry became the site of one of Warminster's Congregational
Chapels) and they certainly knew the Cockey family.  The dissent doesn't
surprise me; it was/is endemic in this part of the world.   John Wallis of
Salisbury was not a dissenter but he was churchwarden at St Edmunds, the
'puritan' church in Salisbury.

Are there any other bellfounders who were known to be dissenters?

Anne