Groton,use of list.

Jim Phillips jim.phillipse9ox at e6zb2eAlKE0AuvKqayfFaZ7zw7dU3iknyYgzTov9RAGZAZS6mBFM-58KQTzAg3MeqoniunpsiPrmUAmz-Do_usAnUCl68x1ENw.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 23 08:30:51 BST 2006

RCO wrote:-
"Mind you, for casting in stone, I think we need the return of John
Warner & Co ...I always thought Inverness ninth had been cast in
granite rather than bell metal!"

Come on Richard,Warner's were not the only foundry to 'cast in granite'.
Emmanuel,Plymouth (21-2-12 in E-flat) are an excellent original Warner
eight.  Warner's were innovators on their day - aluminium headstocks and
did those wonderful 'gimbal' bearings at York Minster ever work?  It is
time we saw a history book on the Warner Foundry.