[Bell Historians] Groton,use of list.

David Sloman david at VFS9B8VjsGjj5DQrSUCZiyT_B9ntEXmmfikjPCRpGnlsE-0SfmNIO4gQZQn4OOvzRAUQABRWpmqYt29Df99IuZtIwgkjkGhm3A2w.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 23 08:52:53 BST 2006

Jim Phillips wrote:-

> Come on Richard,Warner's were not the only foundry to 'cast in granite'.
> Emmanuel,Plymouth (21-2-12 in E-flat) are an excellent original Warner
> eight.  Warner's were innovators on their day - aluminium headstocks and
> did those wonderful 'gimbal' bearings at York Minster ever work?  It is
> time we saw a history book on the Warner Foundry.

    Have any aluminium headstocks survived apart from the 7th & tenor at
Felsted Essex?   How many other installations were fitted with aluminium
stocks?

DS