[Bell Historians] Late-Victorian bell hangers

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at qWb5X0m_xMdbYWUqKLR08zDspmcncRyHIN131dYlOHUBcwbAbam8scoM26hQ6jWMtW2PIxQAHYbtgoe7ljidL9nO.yahoo.invalid
Sat May 27 10:09:08 BST 2006

> The Mallabys were, in my opinions, the finest late-Victorian bellhangers
> anywhere and the standard of their work is excellent.

Not always.  Their frame at Brough is badly under-engineered.

> Most of the Mallaby work is to be found in Yorkshire and neighbouring
> counties, but they did occasionally work as far afield as Bath.

And Wroxeter, Shropshire, with pronounced gudgeon/bearing knock.

C D