The longest peal

George Dawson george at N-3F6O7GtluEbI1FLHs-KKJQD18XnrnbZGlwfgt1zCBptEjqKGvKPNzF4qmMw5PRL7sM_cW26Q-su_WHgDRfZMICeBQ.yahoo.invalid
Sun May 28 13:43:54 BST 2006

Didn't it require a special call to get it round at the end?
GAD

Quite by chance I stumbled across the obituary of Charles Senior in the
Dewsbury Reporter (2 January 1909), who participated in a peal of 16608
changes at St Peter's church [Earlsheaton] on 28 December 1872.

Not knowing anything about him or the event, I looked it up of the Felstead
database which says "BJW: this peal was controversial; it would have been
the longest yet rung".

What are the circumstances surrounding the peal?

I hope the 'discovery' of the obituary may be of some use to historians.

John