Fw: [Bell Historians] Erpingham, Norfolk (Revised)

David Cawley dave at zUpqNWczqDh2emREouuQfUWCD09CF5i-pXkyBajwpJQBdcg0F1RPLN0J-ipxXJct2CT76izRxsBhmTyFi0iR1xs.yahoo.invalid
Sat Nov 11 18:34:56 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: David Cawley
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Erpingham, Norfolk

I have details of the bells given to me by Bill Hughes some years ago. The 3rd and 4th in five at St John de Sepulchre were recast and a treble added to make six in 1907; two further trebles (now at East Haling) were added in 1908. So what are now the 2nd, 3rd and tenor at Erpingham did not go in to Whitechapel, the work in 1907/8 being carried out by Day of Eye, who also built the frame at Erpingham in which they now hang.
Nevertheless I was given the weight of 8-3-22 at some point which is a little on the light side given that the bell retains its canons and has not been tuned. I do not recall the source of my information.

DLC