Rudhall family and foundry

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at OfBzfGoiJOWyzvmpRsecdsZOnICab60hFKlYIMHsM01fN3deKNWPqliUHhH5Ep8zN51dAvTBfbX-IQoL_5VNDgkrXa2gGg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 17 09:59:21 GMT 2006

No, Andrew, there isn't a definitive history of the Rudhall family and foundry. There are numerous partial accounts, some containing useful fresh (previously unpublished) information but more often regurgitating older and sometimes inaccurate writings. As I intimated in my posting the other day (and in earlier ones, as I recall) I've done a vast amount of research on the Rudhalls over the past thirty years or more, and there's certainly material for a book. But it's one of my many unfinished projects, I'm afraid - and it's not at the top of the list for completion. Give me long enough ...

That said, I am hoping to include a section on the Rudhalls - though not a full history - in the book I'm currently researching for the Swan Bells Foundation, which will include a fairly detailed account of the bells of St Martin-in-the-Fields in their historical context.

Not wanting to "shoo off" anyone else wanting to do something. Just keen to avoid people covering ground that has been covered, even if unpublished.

Chris P