[Bell Historians] Great Bells of Britain - COBH

David Cawley dave at knTZGVot4YVfuzvPcgUOHX0UNMznrqu7xJNKqk20Zc6JNT_E16OlUKkElaqVo2EjnRH6AuY7n8aNHznN66iBTFkO2J0.yahoo.invalid
Sat Nov 18 18:56:43 GMT 2006

Just a thought: note it is Eijsbouts' "specification", and both kg weights end in the figure 0. I wonder if it's like those multiples of 7 in some of the Imperial weights we have had cause to query? Of course it might be coincidence. Thanks to Mike for getting that far.

DLC
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Chester
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Great Bells of Britain - COBH

  I did the obvious thing - I contacted the carillonneur!

  He tells me:-

  The two bass bells added in 1998 are by Royal Eijsbouts of the
  Netherlands. According to this company's specifications, the details
  are -

  Pitch A Sharp (keyboard note C Sharp): 2,940 kg., diameter 1,725 mm.
  (named for St. Oliver Plunkett),

  Pitch C (keyboard note D Sharp): 2,080 kg., diameter 1,537 mm. (named
  for Blessed Dominic Collins).

  This makes the A# bell 57-3-14 and the C# bell 40-3-22

  Mike