[Bell Historians] York Founder

David Bryant davidbryant at 6tq7XKLskmbXhygySHZL2iiuBKas4QpAjTpZf5U1adJhL8ROow6lb97iKXD84J0ejLtIDU_wVRYDxW2tWC37BlrYHA.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 26 15:19:57 GMT 2006

"Does anyone have information about a founder called Ellerker, working
in York around the turn of the 15th centuary? A bell at Marske is said
to be cast by him, but there are no records of him elsewhere that I
know of."

I've never come across him, and there's no mention of him in Benson's York
Bellfounders (although this is far from comprehensive). The version of the
York Diocese listed bells list which I have just gives the bell as being of
c.1400 by a York founder.