Trinity New York

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at 0dbvAOvEzaPZzag1P-2UDhVpt7oE8tShbq-1V4hobEdy1ZmB_dXATZz85BlVTWMQPwUYipGN0V2wnDWnh4ve8qSm7Q1Z3JE06g.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 2 21:09:59 BST 2006

I do not think that there is a risk in making thin scale rings, and
indeed, thick scale rings are only beneficial in especially large
towers.
What intrigues me with the New York ring is the bold tuning system
with narrow semitones of around only 95 cents. I abandoned equal-
temperament partially because I wished to use much wider semitones; in
fact, I never use semitone intervals of fewer than 110 cents, and
sometimes use a system giving 117 cent semitones. In other words, I
play safe! I can only assume that the tuning of the New York ring is
designed to produce a spicier, grittier sound. I look forward to
hearing them one day.
Nigel Taylor