Trinity New york

Andrew Wilby andrew at x_eyaZQgMnGNI1HRyd9DignXL7tVtfzhCUfcamEQ4fzByJjIGlaboPeA2fkyEdTpMvTR350tfqsi9tEq.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 00:54:48 BST 2006

David Hird  <I must say having the names of individuals on the bells who
merely
rang them to a peal is a bit self glorifying. I can understand it if
they donated them individually but they didnt give a penny. I suppose
if Dill wants to pay for it then it is up to him but it seems rather
over the top to record the names of people who, with the exception of
the tenor, had nothing to do with the place.

It would be a hoot though if the peal was lost or one of the band
dropped out. maybe they just stay there until they ring it. I think we
should be allowed to dictate what they go for to add to the fun.>

David...
Offer your carping comments directly to Dill himself if you dare?
It is his gift and what is inscribed on the bells is his choice, agreed by
the Rector, and not anything to do with the ringers he has invited.

You make 3 inaccurate assumptions in the first 3 sentences which is
excessive even for you! The subsequent 3 are beyond comment.

It has long been an ambition of many to see a ringable peal of bell restored
in Trinity Wall St and Dill's agreement to fund an extremely expensive
project, probably the most expensive 12 ever, is to be appreciated and not
sniped at. It will be a major contribution to the development of ringing in
North America.

To answer the other speculation, the specification was to produce the
lightest scale D bell tuned to match the existing chime. This has been
achieved.

I am managing the project for Dill and if any of you have intelligent
questions to ask I will be happy to respond.

Andrew