Trinity New york

Richard Offen richard at nHuVOFL-z6vrlmfTZSzWzMT2p4AJW-omeqCfY3AiiZkfs2-gIFATuK5MZltW9dDdrsT0JdRLBjZA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 10:00:38 BST 2006

> To answer the other speculation, the specification was to produce the
> lightest scale D bell tuned to match the existing chime. This has
been
> achieved.

Thank you Andrew, you have given the answer to my question.

Given that there is a very wide variance in the size rings in D by this
founder, Lichfield at almost 32 cwt and South Petherton at the other
end of the scale (although South Petherton tenor is almost half a
semitone sharp of D - why?), I was intrigued to know why the thinner
end of the scale had been chosen ...now we know.