Trinity New York

Andrew Wilby andrew at IiXX7i-QiLTWzuvPxGqYuT7L0KJFw0_uG5DZlXdcEW7VePabddXvoHANgnaP84iGoNIBzcc1qIoguw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Sep 16 18:14:40 BST 2006

 RO <I sincerely hope that Holy Trinity, New York don't turn out to be 'just
another ring of twelve' (we've got rather too many of them already!)
and prove to be something of which that great city can be proud ...I'm
sure they will. Richard>

Thank you for your confidence Richard!

I'm running this project for Dill. Like the other projects I've managed, the
technical spec and the internal and external sound has been carefully
researched and thought through.

So to is the follow-up package to include recruitment, training, local guild
constitution and identifying and supporting the future management of the
tower. This has all been put in place drawing on experience of what is
necessary and what works. Trinity will start with a strong team and
hopefully in short order it will be a 12 bell band.

My one area of concern is that Trinity tower seems to be quite reverberant.
There is a concrete ceiling above the bells at the base of the spire which
may have to be dealt with if there's too much reverb and the roller door
shutters may cause a similar problem when closed. Also the chime bells at
the same pitch are likely to add splendidly to the vibrations.
It is impossible to do more than speculate until the bells are in and the
new acoustic established.

I am expecting the external sound to be pretty impressive and not unlike the
new sound from Leicester Cathedral now without its sound control.

Apart from that there is only the minor matter of 3 weeks between the first
hoist and the first peal which will be ok if all goes according to plan!

Andrew