[Bell Historians] Re: Carillonneur vs. carillonist

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at at_81dHc-s5YLrVB61rtTWqSpBaemlzD5LMABP1q7hecXXE-9Q4GsYjHZj6MoSPKYJgV7vDW9XPEaB6lja0YSJz-xT-5uwA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 27 09:36:19 BST 2006

I do not want to be a bell ringist.

> Taking the 'ist' ending to its logical musical conclusion, are we in
> future to refer to Ringo Starr as the former drummist with the
> Beatles?
>
> Yours,
>
> Mr Grumpy!

Well it would be logical - violinIST, flautIST, pianIST etc - but
language isn't logical is it?
SEM

_