Slaidburn

Alan Birney alanjbirney at JY_ZJdbj7pOUCVzBZ02d8GVQ4nX4wbffWRC48uPhXw6UuR-5z0qvmRTY-hJpLf5rFmDK9OoUFTjgY2ZjrTzn.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 9 22:31:50 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "George Dawson" <george at ...>
wrote:

> Yorkshire Arch. Journal:
>
> 1. THOMAS DUGDALE JOHN WEBSTER JOHN GUY JOHN TOWNSON CHURCHWARDENS
> 2. SERVAVIT ME CUM SERMONE
> 3. IN DONO CONFIDO 1567
>
> No diameters given.
> As the third is the same date as the 4th & 5th at Mitton, it is
also
> probably by a French founder.
> It would be interesting to know WHEN the 4 churchwardens on the
treble were
> serving.
>
> GAD

      Thanks George, much appreciated. I will try to ascertain when
the Wardens mentioned on the Treble were serving when I go back to
finish off later this week.

         I did find a broken canon in the tower amongst some
rubbish, but it is nothing to get excited about and from its shape,
it is off one of the Mears bells.

Alan