Beetles

Mike Chester mike at aFfgWr0T3us8syQAB6gjvcvNmt-UVxaZPU2banqtrM9nSoNie7TUKmFwG1-OJbn-IZhU8No0AWUYuaEf88wUT5PpwYMXfFE.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 25 09:24:39 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Higson" <andrew-
higson at ...> wrote:
> I looked at a bellframe today with an active infestation. The bore
holes
> are about 3-4mm diameter. Grub is grey - not sure how long cos I'm
> squeamish and the beetle had a turquoise sheen to its shell.

No expert, just a Google search!  I am assuming that you have come
across the normal diggers, such as BWB and weevils.  The bellframe
isn't in Surrey/Berks by any chance?

There is a House Longhorn Beetle that is migrating here, see

http://www.bwtse.co.uk/woodworm_detail.htm or
http://biocraft.co.uk/products.asp?cat=41&hierarchy=0

Picture of grub at  http://www.uku.fi/~holopain/stt/Hylotrupes-
bajulus2.jpg

It is a pest that must be notified to the authorities.

Mike