Thurnham

Philip Denton philip_denton at p7GGRaKuAXXpmW1R7-GXsvXR1Ry6aib_GlO4dzAeqQDom2aBDcF6kZvm-mVMThtqHnTcIowM9mNCulbEv8s3zMncPkc.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 25 17:17:24 BST 2007

The Kirkham bells were re-hung with new fittings and steel frame by Hayward Mills Associates in 1995. I rang there last December, and recall a short draught and a rather cosy ringing chamber, where the bells are still very loud. I don't recall there being anything unusual about the rope circle now; perhaps the eccentricity was ironed out at the restoration. In case anyone is interested, the weights from the HMA notice in the tower are as follows:

  6-0-20
  7-0-20
  7-3-10
  8-3-24
  11-3-4
  14-2-22 in F

  A fairly heavy ring for a rather modest tower!

  PD