[Bell Historians] Early Facsimiles and other copies of Bell Ringing books.

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at Woe0bSeABLF2UshMhmIHz6bByzvebLSFknzLwKM0LfdpGgzmvtt_m9sc3pjLC36TpOAQYqC7fVUF_Xxx0MLSvxR-.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 2 09:50:58 BST 2007

> Yes Walters, like Lukis before him, was originally published in 'The
> Wiltshire Archaeological Magazine' (WAM) between 1927 and 1929.  It relied
> heavily on an earlier manuscript by James Jerram which is in the Salisbury
> Reference Library.
>
> Some of Walters' informants were not very accurate; I was told to beware of
> anything contributed by Mr Smith.
>
> Anne

WILTSHIRE:  And he wasn't the only culprit.

A new book in 3 parts (I am going to call them volumes this time) along the
lines of Dorset is on its way.  But Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.

C D