Macclesfield Christ Church

Pete Dyson pete.dyson.holly at TXJoWo1U303yTG-o7N7_6dPtQyBDbvFGsULkwjYMO2s_Ac9h4drT4qxwKYc_LErjosPEgiDLrpxP8sb6LhYUHtw4Zvx5.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 12 12:53:12 BST 2007

I wonder if anyone can help myself and David Atkinson, the Tower
Captain? Macc Ch Ch were originally a complete Rudhall 10, dated 1777.
In 1815 the 9th was cracked and recast by Wm Dobson, with the two
trebles being sold to defray the cost. One was sold to "Peover" and
the other to "Sankey Street Chapel, Warrington". I am trying to find
if either of these bells are still around.

My visits to Over Peover and Peover Hall show that there are no
contenders there, but Lower Peover was a possibility, as these were
recast by Warner in 1912.

I cannot find any reference to Sankey Street Chapel, Warrington
despite a search on Google.

TIA

Peter Dyson