[Bell Historians] Charlton Adam, Somerset

Richard Offen richard.offen at sNsavlnZDAHzrYi5JSn1Yr9_0DprMu2ClpB7JQmdbzoWzgt59lli2s0u79xmTJVc4g6FX_O4KI28TQEfuO84iyIw_uM.yahoo.invalid
Wed Feb 14 04:52:30 GMT 2007

> As I understand it, the concern expressed by a number of contractors
asked
> to quote was about the fittings rather than the frame - the plans for
> strengthening the frame seem to be considered perfectly workable.
>
> David

Interesting, isn't it that a comparison is often made between the
careful conservation of an historical organ and a ring of bells.   The
big difference is that, quite often, once carefully cleaned and
conserved, the action of an historic organ can be light, responsive and
a pleasure to play ...not sure that the same could ever be said of a
ring of bells hung on eighteenth century fittings!

Richar