[Bell Historians] Steelwork into masonary

Richard Offen richard.offen at 5GcXjly3pF05dZG4q18cGaPGMHn4JJ9yt-gdR66tjpHG2TsMPdXb-JjfGYCf4iNHKLRVc_XRObjl1xPj9ncT4g.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 24 08:03:42 GMT 2007

> We call them called drag cleats - in other words, they help  provide
drag. I
> suppose you could look at this both ways. Sorry! M
>
> Matthew Higby  & Co Ltd,

I remember either Eric Fowler or Arthur Fidler (can't remember which
however!) telling me of one job they did for Taylors where the church
architect insisted on the drag-cleats being cut off the foundation
girders before he would allow them to be inserted in the tower walls.
No amount of explantion as to their purpose would persuade him
otherwise.

As Chris Pickford has already said, the architect is the boss on these
occasions and the contactor has to do his bidding.

Richard